Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Triathlon



This weekend I was in my first triathlon.  It was really fun but I thought I was going to barf at the finish line.    My favorite part was the swimming.  I got the fastest time for swimming in my age group.  The course for my age group 7-10 year olds was, swim 50 meters, bike 1.8 miles, and run .7 miles.  When I crossed the finish line I just wanted to die, but after I rested a bit and got the results I decided that I might want to do another one in September---MIGHT!


I came in third place over-all for girls in my age group!  So I got a trophy along with the medal that everyone got who finished.  I was so surprised since I was so tired during the running part!  A triathlon was pretty fun!





6 comments:

Heidi said...

Way to go Lauren! I'm not nearly strong enough to do a triathlon.

Danielle said...

GREAT JOB!!!! YOu need to get your Girl Scouts to do it with you next time!!

Gina said...

Wow Lauren! You are so impressive! Way to go!

Dennis Peterson said...

Congradulations on a great finish:)
The running is alwasy the hardest becaust it is last. I am so proud of you for being involved is such a grueling event, keep up the good work.

meg.. said...

Way to go Lauren! That's an awesome accomplishment. Keep it up.

Sara said...

Lauren that is AWESOME!!! You've inspired us to get off our tooshes and start exercising! Congrats.